20 Apr 2016 Fall Tennessee Teacher Fellows Report
Posted at 13:58h in Publications
Thursday, April 20th, 2017
The 2016 Fall Tennessee Teacher Fellows Report includes survey results and recommendations to the Tennessee Department of Education (TDOE) from the Hope Street Group Tennessee State Teacher Fellows and thousands of their peers. Teachers shared various suggestions for reducing chronic absenteeism and student discipline, including:
– Using positive reinforcement;
– Involving parents;
– Providing an inviting, positive, and supportive school culture; and
– Utilizing effective mentors
– Being consistent with rules and consequences; and
– Fostering positive student-teacher relationships.
Read the full report, including recommendations to the Tennessee Department of Education, here.